Bear Bones R/C
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the matte (flat finish)

2 posters

Go down

the matte (flat finish) Empty the matte (flat finish)

Post  rcscotty Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:00 pm

Okay, let's be clear... I suck at painting but, have have two things to share with you guys. I'm sure that you've seen the pictures of the J Concepts Manta, and wondered how to achieve the nice flat finish. The first way is good for reviving that body that you had acquired on a used truck. Step one, get yourself some Pactra "backing black" paint. Step two, rough up the body using 1500 - 2000 grit sandpaper. Be sure to mask windows..ect. Step three, spray it. This method works quite well and looks okay. I have a body in testing and after a few barrel rolls and other "matte side down landings" the paint wore off in the usual places.

The second method is something I read. I plan to use it on my next project body. Paint your body as desired. On the out side carefully cut/and remove the protective film from the areas in your design that you wish to be flat. Using a green scotch brite pad scuff the unprotected lexan lightly. Now spray the outside of your body with Fastkolor "flat clear" paint. Once dried...well you guys know the rest... Happy painting
rcscotty
rcscotty

Back to top Go down

the matte (flat finish) Empty Re: the matte (flat finish)

Post  TAC Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:49 pm

you can also use krylon hunter series, its a plastic paint (flat black, od, sand, and brown), ive been using them on crawlers for over a year now, and it holds up to roll overs a little better than standard rc paint. If you want to really make an interesting look. Paint the inside silver, this way when the paint does rub off, it will look like you scratched primer down to bare metal Very Happy
TAC
TAC
Admin

https://bearbonesrc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum