Bear Bones R/C
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have Nitro, will travel...

2 posters

Go down

Have Nitro, will travel... Empty Have Nitro, will travel...

Post  Claymore5150 Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:47 pm

1/8 Nitro buggy in Jefferson City looking to do some racing. My biggest issue is I've got a .27 engine...well, I take that back..my biggest issue is the driver....but if you don't mind spotting me a minute a lap and .06CI, I'm up for it within 30 miles of Jefferson City sometime soon!
Claymore5150
Claymore5150

Back to top Go down

Have Nitro, will travel... Empty Re: Have Nitro, will travel...

Post  knxvegas Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:49 am

Most places locally will let you run w/that motor . . . anything you gain in the way of power/torque you are going to lose in mpg.
knxvegas
knxvegas

Back to top Go down

Post  Claymore5150 Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:33 pm

From what I understand, that .27 Super Tiger isn't any more powerful or torque(y) than a .21 in most aspects. I'm working on a classic OFNA badged Sin-Yih Tempo 2 with a Force .21 project at the moment. I've got it ready to rock and roll, just can't get the doggone engine to start for whatever reason.
Had to put it on the bench for a while until I can get some new glow plugs and try it again with a roto-start. Pullstart cord broke so I put a rotostart in while I fix and reassemble the pullstart next chance I get.

In between my better half, the kids, and driving my other buggy, it sometimes takes me a while between my projects. haha.
Claymore5150
Claymore5150

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down