Bear Bones R/C
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum site

+3
beaven
knxvegas
Bear
7 posters

Go down

Forum site Empty Forum site

Post  Bear Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:15 am

Hey all,
As of august we will be losing this site. TAC has been the administrator and has not been involved as much. We are in seriuos need for updating news and content. I had hoped he could pass on the forum's administration, but as he registered it in his name he can't do it. He also has used his own codes for creating the forum that he can't pass on. He said he could transfer the content.
The main reason we started this forum was the chatbox, never used anymore and the ability to create sub-forums, a nice feature we can't get from hobzob.

Our options are to create a new forum, which will have a new address, a BBRC website, both of which will require a lot of time and effort. or return to the HobZob forums, which may help with more member contribution.. Most members did not follow us to the new forums and participated more when we used hobzob, even tho it was limited. We could do a website and start a new forum there, but, it will cost us and we only have a handfull of members that would be using it regular.

We appreciate the work that TAC put into this but we will need to do something soon. I'm looking to you guys, the regular users, to help decide which way we should go.
Bear
Bear

http://www.bearbonescreations.com/

Back to top Go down

Forum site Empty Re: Forum site

Post  knxvegas Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:23 am

I would vote go back to Hobzob for now and see how that goes . . . . if we absolutely have to have our own site due to something we want/need to do but can't on that site then we can always go that route later down the road . . .just my 2 cents
knxvegas
knxvegas

Back to top Go down

Post  Bear Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:42 am

knxvegas wrote: I would vote go back to Hobzob for now and see how that goes . . . . if we absolutely have to have our own site due to something we want/need to do but can't on that site then we can always go that route later down the road . . .just my 2 cents
That's kinda what I was thinking. If we couldn't get our members to move to this site, starting another would only make it harder. Plus we want more member involvement, wether it be info, or whatever.
I believe most if not all of the forum regulars on on hobzob as well. It had been suggested that we use RCTech or Nitro Addicts. I enjoy those sites, but they are so big, I think at a club level we'd be lost.
PS: Even in this economy, your 2 cents is worth something!
Bear
Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  beaven Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:19 pm

i understand what you mean,i seems as if only us regulars use this forum,as far as the chat box goes that petered out after tac said someone had a virus,personally i looked forward to to weds nite chat and had several other random chats that were enjoyable,however your point is valid and i will go with the flow,not that i have a choice....... Very Happy Cool
beaven
beaven

http://sgpopof5@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Claymore5150 Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:05 pm

R/C Driver Magazine's website has a forum. It doesn't have a club section in it yet, but maybe their admins would put one in for clubs to promote their forum and magazine sales?
They also have give-a-ways on their forums on occasion (maybe I shouldn't tell you because I'll lessen my chances at winning something!! Evil or Very Mad mwahaahaahaa!)

http://rcdriver.com/forums/

Just another option to look into.

Claymore5150
Claymore5150

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Triton Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:05 am

I say hobzob
Lord Triton
Lord Triton

http://bearbonescreations.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Williams (blitz) Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:26 am

OK guys im gonna have a look around the web right now i have lots of time on my hands possibly i can get a site up and running if you want its just a matter if i can find the stuff i need. ill take a look around for a free web hosting site and if you guys are interested ill get a site up.

... FIVE MIN LATER....
uh i already found a site that i may be able to put a fourm up through.... tho i highly doubt it would be as nice as this forum tac has done for us.

Last edited by Jason Williams (blitz) on Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : brought the post up to date)
Jason Williams (blitz)
Jason Williams (blitz)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bear Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:28 pm

Looks like we'll be taking the forums back over to HobZob. I've started copying some items over there but it's going to take a while. Figure I better get started as time will sneek up fast. Once I get the good stuff over there, we'll go ahead and shut this site down. If anyone one wants to copy any info that's important to them over to the HobZob forums, feel free. I'll need all the help I can get.Also feel free to add or start anything over there you would like. TAC did a good job for us here, unfortunately only a handful of us use it regularly. Maybe we'll get more action there. Sad
Bear
Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  rcscotty Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:31 pm

confused personally i hate hobzob (myspace for R/C), I tried to get my account deleted several times with no luck. but with only a handfull of people using this forum it's a no brainer to let it go.
rcscotty
rcscotty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down