Bear Bones R/C
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decided to give the buggy thing a try.

+4
Bear
TAC
rcscotty
selser420
8 posters

Go down

Decided to give the buggy thing a try. Empty Decided to give the buggy thing a try.

Post  selser420 Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:25 am

So I was pretty convinced that I was gonna get a 4x4 Slash this spring but ended up going a different route. I picked up a Losi 8ight-E with a Novak HV Pro 7.5 BL for a pretty smoking deal. I'm getting a rtr buggy, 2.4 Losi rx/tx, 2 extra sets of wheels/tires, charger/balancer, 2.0 chassis, extra shock towers/diffs/cvds etc.

After playing with a Summit and ERBE all winter, the 1/10 trucks seem small to me.....felt weird when I took the 'Pede out last week. Hopefully this will give the ERBE a run for it's money. I figure if I get bored with it I can throw the HV Pro in the Summit, sell the rest, and buy a 4x4 Slash. Time to look up some 4s Lipos Twisted Evil

selser420

Back to top Go down

Decided to give the buggy thing a try. Empty Re: Decided to give the buggy thing a try.

Post  rcscotty Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:48 am

sweet when we gonna see some pics?
rcscotty
rcscotty

Back to top Go down

Decided to give the buggy thing a try. Empty Re: Decided to give the buggy thing a try.

Post  TAC Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:56 am

I think you'll be quite suprised with the handlng and power of the bggy if you have never run one before. Enjoy jet, and if you have any pics, throw them up for all to see
TAC
TAC
Admin

https://bearbonesrc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  selser420 Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:13 am

Decided to give the buggy thing a try. Lg-721918-0-6008

Decided to give the buggy thing a try. Lg-721918-1-6213

Here's a few pics from his FS add.

selser420

Back to top Go down

Post  rcscotty Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:18 am

cheers
rcscotty
rcscotty

Back to top Go down

Post  selser420 Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:19 am

TAC wrote:I think you'll be quite suprised with the handlng and power of the bggy if you have never run one before. Enjoy jet, and if you have any pics, throw them up for all to see

That's one of the things that led me in that direction. I love the power and bashability of the ERBE, but I wanted something that handles well.......lower COG. I've seen the nitro buggies run a few times at our local indoor and outdoor tracks and was very impressed with them.

Anyone have suggestions for a decently priced 4s lipo? Hobbyking has a hardcase 30c that I'm considering. I just got my 5000mah 2s batteries for the Summit(which I ran for the 1st time last night.....30+ min runtime FTW!!) in the mail the other day, so I can run those in series until I get a 4s.

selser420

Back to top Go down

Post  TAC Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:37 am

That thing looks sick! Congrats! Hobbyking will probably be your best bet.
TAC
TAC
Admin

https://bearbonesrc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bear Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:08 pm

That is sweet. We'll be up memorial day weekend. Can't wait to see it run!
Bear
Bear

http://www.bearbonescreations.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  selser420 Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:41 pm

You gonna bring some toys up with you? We have 2 tracks nearby.....1 indoor and 1 outdoor.

selser420

Back to top Go down

Post  Bear Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:57 pm

Most definately!
Bear
Bear

http://www.bearbonescreations.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  beaven Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:54 pm

nice lookin buggy,im using venom lipos,they are reasonable and have plenty of power and run time,a 3s should be ample for the buggy.if you are at bears in april we can play a bit,i have a screaming nitro buggy,good luck with it,later,steve Cool
beaven
beaven

http://sgpopof5@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  selser420 Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:10 pm

beaven wrote:nice lookin buggy,im using venom lipos,they are reasonable and have plenty of power and run time,a 3s should be ample for the buggy.if you are at bears in april we can play a bit,i have a screaming nitro buggy,good luck with it,later,steve Cool

If 3s is ample, 4s should be just right for me bom It's looking like I'm probably going to grab a couple of these. Lets hope it doesn't take 3 weeks to get here like my last order Mad

http://hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idproduct=10869

Decided to give the buggy thing a try. T4500-4-30HC

selser420

Back to top Go down

Post  beaven Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:26 pm

hmmmm,i wonder how that pack would work in my 4x4 plat with the 2650 mamba monster motor?how much are they? Cool
beaven
beaven

Back to top Go down

Post  selser420 Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:04 am

$40....hard to beat that price for a 4s let alone a hardcase. I just got 2 5000 2s 20-30c softpack Turnigys for my Summit from the same place for $19.95 each. The only killer is the shipping. If it's not in their US warehouse shipping is $20(up to a certain weight) from Hong Kong. Try to make sure you have more stuff to order or go in with someone that needs stuff and try to max out the weight limit on shipping. For some reason they were backed up when I placed my order at the beginning of the month, but once I was notified of it shipping from HK it took about a week to hit my doorstep. I received an email earlier this week stating that they were back on track and most orders were out the door within 48 hours. I'm about to place an order for some stuff so I'll let y'all know how long it takes this time.

Also, if anyone needs 2s or 4s balance tap extensions, let me know. I need a few and they only sell them in quantity of 10, so I'll have a few extra for sale CHEAP! $1.50 each shipped.

selser420

Back to top Go down

Post  knxvegas Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:52 am

if the extensions are of the e-flight/align type i would be interested in one each 2s & 4s, just pm me your paypal info Wink
knxvegas
knxvegas

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Triton Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:15 am

That is bad ass!!
Lord Triton
Lord Triton

http://bearbonescreations.com

Back to top Go down

Post  beaven Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:44 pm

i talked to my friend john at the lhs,he said to be careful with the low end lipos.he has heard some unsettling things about them...... Cool
beaven
beaven

Back to top Go down

Post  selser420 Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:53 pm

beaven wrote:i talked to my friend john at the lhs,he said to be careful with the low end lipos.he has heard some unsettling things about them...... Cool

Curious.......such as?

I had it out for a quick minute this after noon with only a 2s in it. It scoots pretty good....can't wait to see 4s! I need to get to the LHS for a metal servo horn in the morning, the plastic stocker is stripped out Crying or Very sad

selser420

Back to top Go down

Post  selser420 Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:36 pm

I finally got a chance to play with this today. Holy $h1t this thing moves on 4s! I'm actually going to go down a few teeth on the pinion to see if it brings the temps down a bit. I'm also thinking about some truggy wheels and tires for a bit more clearance for bashing.

selser420

Back to top Go down

Post  beaven Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:50 pm

glad you are happy with it,you sound like i did when i got mine running for the first time.......... Cool
beaven
beaven

Back to top Go down

Post  ironoutlaw Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:45 am

lloks sweet you will like how it handles for sure 1/8 buggys have always been my favorite
ironoutlaw
ironoutlaw

http://www.nolimitrcofmi.com

Back to top Go down

Post  beaven Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:15 pm

we dont have a track nearby to run nitro buggies on,so the only thing i wish they had for these would be a two speed transmission,when i put street tires on my buggy it flies and begs for that second gear.......... Cool
beaven
beaven

Back to top Go down

Post  selser420 Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:04 pm

Updates.......

So I was having issues with the Novak ESC running 4s. The internal BEC didn't like the voltage and would reset leaving me with NO control Sad I picked up a UBEC after reading up on this issue, but before I got around to installing it the ESC decided to go up in a ball of smoke and fire.

Decided to give the buggy thing a try. Moabs_13

I am now the proud new owner of a MMM 2200 system and am very happy so far Twisted Evil Switching internal BEC is much better!

Decided to give the buggy thing a try. Moabs_14

I'm currently trying to sell my 7.5t sensored Novak motor, but have recently considered picking up a Mamba Max Pro ESC and running it sensored in the Summit.

selser420

Back to top Go down

Post  knxvegas Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:53 pm

good choice on the electronics, i think the mmm 2200 on 4s may be the most durable combo going
knxvegas
knxvegas

Back to top Go down

Post  selser420 Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:50 am

I'm liking it a lot. Geared for (theoretical) 50mph I have not seen the motor temps go above 150 and the esc fan hasn't come on yet. It has been cooler here the last few days FWIW. I have a fan and shroud on the way for the motor that should drop temps 10-30 degrees.

I may entertain the idea of getting a 5s to put the motor in the 40k rpm sweet spot and occasional banzai speed runs. Hopefully my 4s hardcase batteries get here this week.......I've had a few good tumbles while gapping my street. Laughing

selser420

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down